1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use the MEGA Scoops???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowzilla, Oct 30, 2007.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Anyone try those mega scoops? Are they durable? Appreciate the help.

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Plowzilla
    I bought a set from John the Garage Keeper 2 years ago. They have held up very well so far. This fall I will be installing a new ploy edge on them. Easy to take on and off, but mine stay on all of the time.

Regards Mike

3. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

have a set on my 8 1/2 foot western, have shoved piles of snow the size of cars with them, they hold up very well. Do contact garage keeper and buy off him, he set me up with a better set of mounts for mine, he was very helpful to me and the install.

4. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Thanks for the info.

5. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

Ditto on the above posts John is a great guy to deal with I will add a picture or two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

How do they work for windrowing... do you have to take them off?

7. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

My mega scoops flare out like wings about 30 degrees or so. They make my 8 1/2 western 10 1/2 foot wide, and on big open lots and roads they windrow really good. Matter of fact you can wind row the whole width of the plow, not much trail off of the leading edge.

8. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

where can I find info on these mega scoops? Is there a website? Are they like prowings or box ends? Little more info please.

Thanks

Big Earl

9. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

pm GarageKeeper (John) I think he has some set's left.

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I was at his house to pick up a boss mount a few weeks ago and I think I spied one set but I'm not totally sure.