1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use the "coooler"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SLAM, Dec 7, 2003.

1. SLAM

SLAM Junior Member
    from CT

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and have found it to be an enorous help with lots of info. I am hoping someone out there has tried the "coooler" and can tell me how effective it is. I am having a bad overheating problem on my 3500 sierra with a fisher 8.5 ezv at any speed above 35-40. I have tried moving the plow in every configuration and from full raise to as low as I dare. It seems that the only chance I have of keeping it cool is in the v with the wings just about dragging. I saw somewhere on here someone mentioned the coooler product but thats it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Radguy

Radguy Member

I just did a search

Looks like something a do it yourselfer could make.:cool:
  3. rtp

rtp Junior Member

The Coooler

The Coooler is the only patented product out there that will help your problem. It is not a make shift do-it-yourselfer, it is a one piece mold that looks attractive on your plow and works great! I know what your are worried about with the overheating problem. I went through the same thing, but worse--I had a transmission replaced twice during my snowplowing. Once I used the Coooler, I have had no more problems. You can purchase the product by calling 1-888-906-1120. The best money ever spent if you're worried about the amount of money you already have invested in your business!
  4. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

That thing is a joke. ANYBODY could fab one of those up in no time.

My truck don't overheat with the plow on. Hell I take the fan off every winter and throw it on the workbench. My truck was a snowplow before I even purchased the blade. Dual batteries, 160 amp alternator, big ol'e transfer case. The transmission out of a CDL class straight truck and an engine out of a Class 8 yard tractor that don't overheat in the winter.

Chalk up another one for the mighty Cummins.
  5. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

I do not use one, do to the fact i don't have a plow yet.(when i get one i most definitely will buy one) My Lieutenant does however use it AND LOVES IT. His truck used to run about 210-220 depending on plow angle and speed, but he says he notices a bit more power that he was lacking when the plow was on, (thus its keeping th motor cooler by pushing more air under the hood through the radiator.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  6. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Just looked at the cooler site posted and the only problem,, could this be mounted on a v plow? It only states that it fits on straight plows up to 10'. Not sure on this one but check it out first.
    What year is your 3500?
  7. DuallyVette

DuallyVette Member

It looks like a waste of time & money to me !!!
  8. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

I'm pretty sure I can get some dryer vent piping, duct tape it to the plow for the same effect....anyone wanna buy my new "Cooler then Cool" unit....?
  9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

better alturnatives- bigger radiator, different thermostat, (replace the tstat it could be sticking), add a tranny cooler if you have an auto.

If the Radiator is sized correctly, the tstat is correct (and working) and you have nothing blocking airflow like grill blockers or screening you should be ok. I suspect the best choice is a bigger Radiator- made a huge difference in my 86 3500.