1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use mailing lists? Any luck from them?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by holstonsnow, Jan 5, 2012.

1. holstonsnow

holstonsnow Junior Member

This is my first year plowing commercially (I've been plowing for years, just not as an actual business till this year) and I picked a bad one to start! I have only got to work my route once this year, and only 25% of my current contracts are seasonal, so I have not had as much money rolling in as I wanted. I am considering doing a residential mass mailing to promote a special that I am going to offer to try to get some cash coming in. Has anyone done this and if so have you had any luck?

2. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

I have not done it for snow plowing, I did it for Fall Clean up though. Worked out OK, I mailed 143 flyers to current and past customers. I got 50 replys and 40 jobs from it, paid for itself.

3. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

If you really want a marketing strategy to work, you have to make sure you do it for more than once or twice. So I would sit down with a person that can make up flyers or post cards and really develop a strategy and just saturate the market with cards. Then run your flyer specializes. This way you'll have a name recognition in the customer base later (i.e fall 2012) . And hopefully in 2012 the weather will be more conducive to you operations.