1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone use clearspan bldgs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by beam, Dec 31, 2011.

1. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

was thinking of trying to use a clear span bldg to cover the salt pile need 18 x 24 but it is in a windy location any ideas
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

i have a roundtop 14x42x10'. I got it second hand for a song and its great, survived our winter from hell last year. I did pull the snow off the top of it after the biggest storms we got. it was starting to look like an igloo by february. I have a house style 10x16x8 too that I picked up this year and that one I will be sure to take the snow off of, I had a cheaper shelterlogic one a couple years ago that was picked up by the wind and trashed.

I still have to anchor mine (wasn't sure if they were going to stay where we put them up, just the other day I had the 42' pick up one side and move over about 2'. The previous owner cut a door out of the back section so I get good ventilation if I leave the front door up.

3. mike ward

mike ward Member

looking to do one this summer...if we have a winter lol