1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use a WB Sprayer?? Sidewalks, entry ways?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Plow man Foster, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

ok well i was wondering if anyone else put liquid down on entry ways of buildings or even sidewalks in addition to driveways in lots and stuff....

Well when i had my truck sprayer rebuilt i got a new truck sprayer i upgraded a couple things but forgot to put the hand sprayer back on so i decided to build a walk behind sprayer in my spare time!

Platform is an old walkbehind fertilizer which i found next to a neighbors trash. $0
    2GPM pump $50
    1/2" PVC + connectors $ I had floating around
    Misc. Parts... wire,tubing, clamps bucket,lid, switch $15

Right now it is being ran off of a stanley jump starter which i never use....it was a gift! (i personally like my tow truck jumper cable connects better!)

I also turned the spray volume down a bit so it doesnt OVER apply the brine!
    I think its an 24" boom perfect for those few resi sidewalks we spray
    5 gallons isnt much but it will be ok for what we do...
    I liked the bucket idea because its easy to fill straight from the trucks tank or my other tanks

Still got a little bit of work to do like cleaning up the wires... I will be adding a small light to it soon!

What do you guys think???

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011