1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use a Vanguard lightbar?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Andrew010, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

Seems to be a good lightbar, for the price. I can't find any complaints and the videos I've watched make the lightbar look really bright. I'm looking at the 15" or 27" haven't decided which one yet.

Thought I would see if anyone has seen one in person and get their opinion.

Thanks guys!
  2. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Looks pretty nice. Price aint too bad either.

There are so many to choose from. get what ever you like and can afford.
  3. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

It's not so much about affording it, just the ole saying ' you get what you pay for' keeps going through my mind.

I'd rather not spend $800 but don't want to throw away $300 on junk either.

I talked to them and they said it was returnable for any reason for 30 days and I'm only out shipping. I think I'm going to order it and see what happens.

Big question now is which one, 15 or 27?
  4. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I have the Mini Pinnacle from Sound Off.

2 years now and not one problem. Super bright and not to big.
    But am looking at maybe getting a larger one

My vote would be the larger one. Im kinds a light freak.
  5. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

I think the larger one is worth the extra $80. It has twice the lights and patterns, overall seems to be worth the money.

I'd still like to talk to someone who actually owns one and get their opinion.
  6. BrittAWL

BrittAWL Junior Member

7. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

I can't say anything but good about the light bar and company. Excellent people at Uniform Warehouse and the light bar is awesome. Hard to say how long it will last but even if it dies in 2-3 yrs I got my moneys worth.

I ordered the light bar on Monday. I requested some changes be made to the light bar before they shipped it. Not only was there no charge to change out some lights (I had the alley lights removed and replaced with amber flashers) it still shipped the same day. I received it today in good condition. It works perfect and it's BRIGHT. Much brighter than I figured it would be considering the price.

It's just as bright, if not brigher, than my buddies Whelen 9000.