1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use a sulky or proslide on a snowblower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy11, Nov 17, 2006.

1. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

I want a wright stander type snowblower. Is there such a thing? I want something to drag me around as I do 20+ houses instead of me walking. Might be stupid since snowblowing is usually a little slow and turns are tight, but I think I'll try to rig some jungle wheels or something on a snowblower this year. Wadda ya think?

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I don't think you could make the proslide work. They (the early model I have anyway) want to fold up as you slow the machine down if you are on a smooth surface as opposed to turf. Could be a harry ride and bloody your shins on snow and ice/pavement. Maybe detachable wheels for transporting you house to house

3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

You're kidding right?

Just sub your work out to some kid who isnt affraid to get his feet wet then you can stay home and play your playstation 3.

4. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

Why not just use a four wheeler? Kids around here make a killing doing driveways with their fourwheelers.

fake edit: I mean dirty rotten lowballers make a killing stealing my monies :p

fake edit 2: just kidding, if the kids want to steal driveways all the power to them

5. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I was thinking the same thing today, we have alot of sidewalk to clear. In the past we plowed it with a skidsteer , but it was a little to large to fit between signs and buildings. I thought about buying a 4' snowblower and adding some type of sulky.

6. LLM Ann Arbor

Just attach a little set of two foot long skis to your slippers and let the machine pull you along. Dont forget to add a drinkholder and a dvd player to your blower too.

You can keep the remote control in the pocket of your bathrobe.

7. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey, good idea dildo. Have you ever blown snow or are you still blowing guys?

8. LLM Ann Arbor

Ouch.

That almost hurt my feelings.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would wonder if a snowblower would have enough traction to pull someone on a sulky. If you have that much snowblowing to do, I would look into a small garden tractor and blower set up. Might be a pain to get from site to site but if that truck is not plowing you would be fine.

10. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

11. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Thanks for the replies, except llm who is a complete assmonkey.

Ok then, forget the proslide idea, good advice about that.

On my accts the best method is snowblowing due to the fact that they are all small residentials and need to have walks, etc. done. They need to be cleaned to bare pavement and there isn't anywhere to stack snow with a plow. If I could plow I would. Around here you'll never see plows on resi drives for all those reasons. Very high end $1,000,000 +++ homes. Tight route mostly of existing landscape maintenance customers.

ATVs are not an option although that would be so much fun. Not an option because 1. you can't legally drive them on the streets and 2. the sidewalks are too narrow .

So, I'm looking to be fast/lazy!

12. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I don't see a sulky being all that useful for a snowblower. Compared to a walkbehind mower a snowblower is real slow. Will it work..I don't see how it couldn't.

13. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

I agree. I just wanted to see if anyone had done it with any success. I guess not so I won't waste my time trying...unless I get reeeal bored this winter

14. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

traction for snowblowers is poor and not designed for such.

Most modern walk behinds are designed with a sulky in mind