1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use a spyker spreader for sidewalks?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by maelawncare, Oct 20, 2009.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Well i have been looking for a while. And i have decided either between snowexs or spykers push spreaders. But i havent heard of anyone using spyker for salt. So im seeing if anyone has.

I like the idea of being able to use it year round. Having a backup is always a good thing.
  2. Eden's Own

Eden's Own Junior Member
    from Indiana

Used them for about 2 events and then put them on a shelf in favor of Lesco's and Earthway's They are terribly expensive and the deflectors that they came with were less than useful.
  3. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

Thats all we use all year around. We have spykers that we use for calcium chloride only and ones we use for seed, fertilizer, etc. the rest of the year. They're pretty expensive but imo they seem the best for our heavier volume applications.