1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Use A Electric Smith Sander?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Bigdog203, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Bigdog203

Bigdog203 Junior Member
    from CT

Hello i just signed in!!! Has anyone used a Smith electric Sander? I want to know if they are reliable to use instead of gas. I plan on buying one for this year! Burquip in Bedford, NY- says they sell them more than Gas sanders. I had a Air-Flow gas sander last year and had nothing but problems. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!!

2. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

Hi,
    I have a 1994 Harder electric sander. Until this year I have always used and loved it. I just got a new F550 and install a 3.3cuyd gas sander...not sure how I feel but I will be making less stops this year to get more salt...
    I think you would like it..

3. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

Lots of guys on here run them. I'm currently looking at one, was quoted around $ 4000.00, how bout you what were you quoted?

4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Harder was bought out by Smith.

Dino (aka Plowking35) swears by his electric sander. real quiet for those accounts that are sensitive to noise, like nursing homes and hospitals, not to mention those residentials that want de icer applied.

5. Bigdog203

Bigdog203 Junior Member
    from CT

Cash and carry price i would install myself would be $4381.65

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have 2 smiths and like Jef said I swear by them. Never have let me down, and they are all stainless. No come to CT and call Hartord Truk equipers or Salem Brake and clutch, I got my new one last Dec for 3800 out the door. Gas engines are way to much a PITA.
    Lotsoflights, are you selling your harder,if so PM me, I am interested, or just add 10" side boards and you can get 3+ yards on it.
    Dino

7. a palustris

a palustris Member

1) you can get sides put on the spreader to increase capacity

2) The people at Burquip are real dick heads. Not worth dealing with them. Better off going someplace else.

8. Bigdog203

Bigdog203 Junior Member
    from CT

Thanx guys here some info on Smith sander

I called /email Hartford truck and they no longer carry Smith Electric sanders, they now carry Downeaster. So i called American Truck Equipment 860 439-0030and they were great compared to Burquip i saved over $500.00 picking up Sander this week!!!!
    http://www.americantruckequipment.com/
    Thanx for your help