1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone us a 2 door chevy tahoe/gmc yukon for plowing??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fastxcr800, Dec 11, 2009.

1. fastxcr800

fastxcr800 Member

I'm looking to add another truck to my fleet. I'm looking for a smaller truck for driveways and smaller lots where it's tough to get a bigger truck in. I want something that can handle the abuse, so I've narrowed it down to 2 door chevy tahoe/gmc yukon. These truck have very short wheelbases and are 1/2 ton chassis. It seems like the big plow makers have heavy duty plows to fit this application. Just woundering if anyone else had the same idea, and how it works for them.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen a few of those and full size Bronco's. Definitely great for drives since they have awesome turning radius.

3. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Years ago I used an 89 K5 Blazer with a 7'6" Western cable job and it was fantastic for driveways and small lots.

4. bstain

bstain Junior Member

93-97 Landcruisers basically have 3/4 ton drivetrains with coil sprung solid axles, mine even has factory front/rear electric lockers. You can find them pretty cheap and may find the soccer mom never seen anything but a mall parking lot version if lucky.:nod:. I do 25 residentials with it no problems. I also pull my mowers with it in the summer.
    View attachment plowsite shot 1.bmp

View attachment plow site 2.bmp