1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone think pvc pipe is worth 90 bucks+s&h

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sweetk30, Nov 25, 2008.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The sad part is someone will actually buy it. You know thats gonna break when it's 10 degrees out with a -5 windchill. Gonna be plowing along, come to the end of the push and go to stack the snow in a nice frozen pile, and SNAP there goes the 90 dollar deflector. Thats why I use rubber conveyor belt. Still gets cold, but I have never had one break yet.

3. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

It blows my mind what kind of junk people buy, I agree with RC I think I could snap that off in less than 5sec JMO:rolleyes:

4. bronco

bronco Junior Member
    from CT. usa

ahh im a plumber and well neat idea i guess but if i drop a piece of pvc from my hand in the cold it shatters into a million pieces.black abs is less fragile in the cold but im sure it will shatter with a quickness to in his defense tho pvc pipe of hat diameter is costly but should break for sure lol pvc cold no mix

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  5. Brookside

Brookside Member

Hard to believe that plastic would hold up when the going gets rough. I agree about the rubber conveyor belting. I have it on both our plows.

6. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Hey guys, thats not ordinary PVC. Re-read the description. It is a polyvinyl compound. Oh wait, I get it. Slick marketing guy. And to think, I almost bought one.

7. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I see guys around here useing that black corigated drain pipe all the time.

8. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

That's funny, if I buy on e for 90 bucks though I want mine painted gold so it shines as it shatters.

9. How does the corrigated drain pipe material hold-up in real conditions ???
    tc

10. Rc2505

My guess on the corrigated drain pipe is it will last a little longer than the PVC just because it is a much thinner material, and will have some flex to it. However, I am sure it still won't last a whole season, and how much good would it do if it is flexable. Wouldn't it just bend the other way and let the snow come over the blade?

11. 02powerstroke

I'm not sure how well it holds up I have just seen a few landscape companys around here with all there plows outfitted with them. I myself have been looking at trying to get an old conver belt belt but no luck yet....

12. Rc2505

How much conveyor belt are you looking for? I have about 100 feet of it, but would really not like to get in the business of selling it all. I am sure I can squeak out a couple pieces if you need it. I use it for mud flaps, and plow deflectors, and just about anything else I can figure out with it. Let me know. The belt is approx 2 ft wide.

13. Bmsnow

Bmsnow Member

I ve been using 1/2 pvc and 2' rebar for my stakes. it seems to work just fine, although i replace 1/4
    of my poles every year @ around 1.29 each Including reflective tape....I haven't really found anything cheaper or easy to install butt always lookin... My business primarly runs on blowers so damage is minnimal..

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  14. 02powerstroke

8ft to do my plow is all I need my Dads trucks have snofoils on them its just my personal truck that I'm runing this year dosent.