1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone subbed for Ferrandino, aka national snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by murphy4trees, Nov 16, 2008.

1. murphy4trees

murphy4trees Member

I was recently solicited to plow the snow at a couple of small commercial lots, by "national snow", a front name for Ferramdino & Son out of Farmingdale NY, maybe Long Island.. They want to offer me a one price for the season contract, which is very unusual around here as the snow fall can vary greatly from year to year in the Philadelphia area..

I used to plow one of the lots myself and the money they are offering is more than I charged for any one season in the four years I have been keeping track, but would be less than a real snowy winter would yield..

I was told on the phone that I could bill monthly, contract to be from Nov 1.-April , so first invoice could be submitted Dec 1 and get paid in 45 days from then... The contract however reads "Subcontractor invoices to be processed by the Contractor and paid generally on or about 60 days from the date on which the the invoice is approved by the Contractor.. Then there are a lot of hoops to jump through to get paid... So it would be sometime in February by the time I should even get paid, with the last snow fall often in Late Feb or early March around here, so by the time I went jumping through all their hoops they could burn me for $8,400 and the winter would be over..

I think I AM going to pass on this one, though I would like to hear from anyone that has worked as a sub for Ferrandino in the past....

Your thoughts?

2. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

We were subed by Ferrendino & sons 3 years ago. It took for ever to get paid. In April the season we worked for them they offered to pay me in full for servies renderd it I took 10% off the bill. I told them no and had to wait another 2 months to get paid in full.