1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone still using new manual lifts for an ATV

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by MatthewG, Oct 17, 2015.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Purchased an older Honda 400 foreman, and am buying a new or used 50" plow, for a long run of sidewalks.

Strictly a work ATV - employee run, not me. No winch on machine, so would a manual lift be satisfactory in an effort to save a few hundred dollars?

Any major problems with manual lifts?
  2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Manual lifts are faster to operate and a better choice for an employee to run since they can continue to try to lift the blade after the blade has hit the hard stop. They only reason I took off the manual lift was so my wife or daughter could run it without getting fatigued.
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This.... x 10!

I have a manual lift on my new Can-Am that has a winch, wouldn't want it any other way.
  4. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

I would not let an employee use a winch on plow. Kinda touchy for a novice. I love having a winch on mine. Cannot see plowing without it. Seems I am always going up and down a fuzz.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

less to go wrong on a manual lift and if its not you using the quad its fine.

you may have a sore arm by the end of the night.

can't feather the plow up though its either up or down.

with a winch you if you have 8" of lift you can set the plow at 6" and plow off the top layer and if you spin out can still pick up plow to 8" to get backed away from pile.

with Manual lift can't due that trick.