1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone selling poly edges out there?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Sep 15, 2006.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I need a new one, and the snoway dealer doesn't sell them anymore. I do have a local supplier but I don't remember their prices being reasonable. thanks, Nick.

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Chris W. Barrett - AUTO PROFORMANCE SERVICES - (905)459-9282
    I bought my last 2 from him, I have the Blizzard now and you can only get them from the dealer.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Get ahold of John the Garagekeeper. he is a member on this site I know he sells them and he's a great guy to deal with.

Regards Mike

5. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Refering to cutting edges?

Have you tried rubber? I had a 8' Arctic plow for about 5 years. I got myself a strip of old conveyer belt rubber (I worked for a guy that sells it). It was about 6 inches high, maybe 1.25" thick and the length of my blade. Cost me like $10. I pulled off my worn steel edge and replaced it with the rubber. I ran that rubber commercially for 3 years and it wore down less than my steel edge. Did a great job and was a whole lot easier on the plow/truck when you hit a manhole cover or a curb or something. I loved it.

Now I run a Blizzard plow and there is not enough room behind the wings to put that thick of rubber in.