1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone seen this one.. loader trouble....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stumper1620, Dec 30, 2008.

1. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Government worker... who would have guessed?
  3. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Wow that is just plain Stupid!!!
  4. stumper1620

yeah, 27 years... there goes his pension....
  5. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

Saw that on the local news. River ice holding a loader.....Probably not real good odds. How could he not think that?
  6. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

See you guys just don't understand we works for the city. He will be told don't do that again. The city will have to add do not drive the loader over ice to your ice house to its policy's. He will be promoted in about 6 months to city works supervisor and they will call the new policy a great new addition to the already great policy's the mayor has spent years working on. He will work the next 3 years at a higher pay rate his pension is based on the last 3 highest years of service. He will retire in 2012 and live the life as a retired government employee.
  7. stumper1620

I'm sure your right.
  8. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

nothing swims like a deere! ™
  9. Flake Chaser

Flake Chaser Member
    from CT

I'm going to guess this is what he thought. On my way by my ice house to the next lot I'll just take the loader and clear a quick path to it. Cool. Drives on ice and crack, crack splash "oh sh$t I did it now".

Loader op."Uh boss I have a problem"

Boss "yeah what is it"

Loader op. " uh I fell through the ice"

Boss "What ice"

Loader op. " I wanted to clear a path to my ice house real quick"

Boss" what the ^%$*#@! were you thinking!!!!"

Loader op."I didn't want to shovel"

Can't fix stupid !!!!
  10. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I saw that this morning, that's funny. Good 'ol Gov't worker.
  11. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

:gunsfiring:As Donald Trump would say'' YOUR FIRED''
  12. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

I've seen some dumb things before, but that one tops them all :dizzy:
    How stupid do you have to be to drive a 30,000lb machine onto ice- river ice, what an idiot
  13. broncoplower21

broncoplower21 Junior Member

He must have been watching ICE Road Truckers way to much. :jester:
  14. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

what a clown, theres your sign.
  15. greenred

greenred Member

I was going to make a similar post, but you took the words right out of my mouth. Isn't city government great?
  16. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

What you guys wrote is probably right.
    That's why government SUCKS! Federal, State, and Local. They all SUCK! Doesn't matter what level of government you look at, they all talk out of there asses, tell the public anything to get votes, get voted in and turn into overpaid wh*res!
    Did I mention I HATE government!:nod:
  17. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

As an equipment operator, I am not supprised that it happend. This sort of thing happens often, but taking the loader on the ice was not smart, oh well atleast we got to see two Cat's fishing out the Deere.

ps, the Cat loader in the vid is a 972G, my employer has one.:D
  18. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Hey now! We Minnesotans are all for ice fishing, so sometimes the though of pulling that nice slab out of the ice makes us think a little differently sometimes.

But still, that guy was a total idiot, Im still wondering if I should drive my truck out!
  19. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

actual story as told by operator was he decided to clean off lot leading to boat ramp, when he got to ramp he slid down it and into water he went. Claimed he could have gotten out but he called the 911 center to get a pair of boots and they blew the situation out of control. Cost the county 9200.00 to get loader out, most of it for the professional divers to hook the chain to it underwater. Problem with his story is this is a city lot and he shouldn't be there anyway. Claims that he won't do it again, assuming that they will give him a chance
  20. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Riiiight, there must be big demand for people to use the boat ramp on New Years. Gotta keep that thing clear. Good use of tax dollars.