1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone seen one of these

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sparksrides, Dec 29, 2011.

1. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

My buddy just picked up an 02 f550 crew cab dump and it has this air flo "convey or dump" body on it I wanted to see if anyone knows where to get parts for it
    IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

2. sparksrides

3. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

Did you try calling the phone number? :)

That's an odd one, never run across that before.

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I believe they use those for dressing shoulders. Not sure if that's the model Keith (millsaps118) just bought, I haven't seen it yet, but he said he bought something like that for maintaining shoulders.

5. sparksrides

the number is no good. It came from an auction in DC it was a township truck. 8 grand for an 02 7.3 4wd crew cab with plow is a heck of a deal if you ask me. I went to airflo web site but they don't have any thing about parts and I guess they don't make this model anymore. He needs the spinner Assembly and maybe a drag chain, its just like a under tail gate spreader but built into the bed. I guess the previous operators ran black top through it and didn't bother to clean it out plus its pretty rusted

wizard when you say dressing shoulders are you talking about black top or salt

6. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I believe wizard is talking about dressing the shoulders with gravel. On the county roads around here they have a conveyor mounted on the back of tandems that spit gravel out either side of the truck to fix the drop off at the asphalt edge.

7. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Ya his driving SUCKS!:laughing:

8. sparksrides

now thats funny

9. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

here is some patent info... hope it helps Thumbs Up

Abstract
    A vehicle including a combination body for selectively dumping and spreading materials. The vehicle includes, at least, a chassis and a body pivotably secured to the chassis at a hinge. The body is comprised of front and rear ends having upper and lower edges and first and second side walls having lower edges. A hoist is provided which extends between the body and the chassis for pivoting the body about the hinge. A conveyor assembly is also included, the assembly comprising an endless conveyor disposed adjacent to at least a portion of the lower edges of the side walls and extending beyond the rear end of the body; a tailgate pivotably connected to the rear end of the body and having an opening therein to permit material to be transported therethrough by the endless conveyor, the tailgate being selectively pivotable with respect to the body about a lower axis disposed adjacent the lower edge of the tailgate or about an upper axis disposed adjacent the top edge of the tailgate; a cover assembly extending rearwardly from the tailgate which is pivotably attached to the tailgate at a pivot axis, wherein the cover assembly rotates about the pivot axis upon contact with the conveyor assembly when the tailgate pivots about the lower axis; and a spreader cooperating with the conveyor assembly for spreading the material.

Other References
    •Air-Flow Manufacturing, Convey'Or Dump (no date of publication listed)
    •Air-Flow multi-Purpose (Oct. 1, 1991)
    •All Purpose Body Swenson (Feb. 13, 1995)
    •APB All Purpose Body Swenson Spreader (Oct. 1995)
    •Frink, FR 1012 Combination Two-Way Dump Spreader (no date of publication listed)
    •Frink, GI 5973 Combination Two-Way Dump Spreader (no date of publication listed)
    •Henderson Chief, HERO Spread-All & Dump-All (no date of publication listed)
    •Henderson Chief, PWS-I Liquid Pre-Wet Spray System (1995)
    •Henderson Manufacturing Brochure, MUNIbody (1997)
    •Henderson Manufacturing Snow Control Issue, "Henderson Introduces All-Season Truck for Snow and Ice Control," pp. 50-56 (no date of publication listed)
    •J&J Truck Bodies and Trailers, DYNA Hauler/DDS (no date of publication listed)
    •London Machinery Inc., 500 Series Single Axle Two-Way Dump (no date of publication listed)
    •London Machinery Inc., 500 Series Tandem Two-Way Dump (no date of publication listed)
    •London Machinery, Inc. Brochure, UNI-DUMP, (1997)
    •Mead, Geoff "Rubber Floored Body Cuts Weight by Six Tonne," Construction Plant & Equipment, vol. 13(8), pp. 19-20 (May 1985)
    •Michel Gohier Ltee Steel and Aluminum Dump Bodies, The 4 Seasons (no date of publication listed)
    •Monroe Snow & Ice Control, Eliminator (no date of publication listed)
    •Monroe Snow & Ice Control, Radius Dump Spreader (no date of publication listed)
    •Monroe Truck Equipment, Cives Viking Tenco (no date of publication listed)
    •Monroe Truck Equipment, Monroe Duz More (no date of publication listed)
    •The Heil Co., The Heil Spread-n-Dump (no date of publication listed)
    •The Heil Co., Winder (no date of publication listed)
    •Usemco Rock Box (no date of publication listed)
    •Viking Cives Ltd., The Tough VCL 11 Dual Dump/Spreader (no date of publication listed

and here is their contact info :
    Air-Flo Manufacturing Co. , Inc.
    40 S. Main Street
    Prattsburg, NY 14873
    Phone: (607) 522-3574 Fax (607) 522-3464

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  10. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

air flow still around and growing.

thay make dump boxes and there brand snow plows 2 min from my house for there 1 of many shops in ny state.

11. sparksrides

has any one had to replace parts on there older spreaders I can't seem to find any thing on the web

12. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

As long as you know what parts you need it shouldn't be too hard to replace peices of that set-up.

It would just be bearings, hydraulic drive motor, sprockets and drag chain. Just have to think outside the box and figure out what you need.

Even for a spinner you should be able to come up with something.

As you can see by a previous post, it looks like there were multiple patents and multiple companies that used this setup.

13. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

That and another thought I have is that is it really worth it to fix it up. If it were mine, I'd weigh my options.

If it's not worth it, then I'd just put sheet metal over the old drag chain and then use an under-tailgate salt spreader. I'm guessing that system is run off the hydraulics, so most, if not all the plumbing should be there already.

14. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member