1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone seen a blower like this before

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

What brand is that? Has potential, but the discharge shoot only on one side could be tough in tight areas.

3. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

I don't know a lot about blowers.
    It would seem to me that this blower would be more prone to bogging out though. Since the chute is on one end the auger would need to move the snow across the entire blower before discharging. It would seem the benefit of having the discharge in the middle would be that snow only has to travel half the distance of the blower effectively cutting down the time the snow is tied up in the auger. Since the amount of time the snow is tied up in the blower is increased it would in theory have a lower ft^3/min or m^3/min number.
    Am I wrong?

4. Smoke&HotWater

Smoke&HotWater Junior Member

I think it would make a great blower for light snow... Especially on driveways.. But for the deep or heavy wet snow.. I think you would want something more robust.. (my 2 cents worth)

5. tavisj

tavisj Junior Member

Isn't that a SHoule?

6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i think it would be better if you can have it on the frontwesport

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Is that a loaded question Paul.
    You've probably forgot more about blowers than all of us know combined.
    Great idea. Dont know much about them or blowers in general.

8. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Thought I would show something that no one may have ever seen. You know me I am always looking for an edge, not sure about this one though. I will borrow one from my friend and give it a try. Will keep you all informed on what I think.

9. BrianWillan

BrianWillan Junior Member

Is that a single stage blower? I didn't see an impeller in there. This also looks to be similar in operation to the Pronovost PXPL except the discharge chute is to one side as the others have mentioned.

You are the king when it comes to snow blowers and efficient operations. However, that being said, all things are worth testing.

Cheers

Brian

10. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

pretty slick being able to go fore and backwards and with that its kinda difficult to do that and have the blower in the center and judging by the cross auger speed its a 2 stage and in reference to a few other comments even with a centered blower its still moving all the same snow just might have to slow down a little in the heavier stuff

11. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

im pretty sure those might be popular around Canada (Ontario/Quebec) .. saw something like that last year from a company around my area (GTA).

12. snowplowchick

snowplowchick Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  13. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

Get a chance to try it out yet Neige? I'm anxious to know how it works. Im trying to get into the tractor & blower market. Untill I can afford to i'm going to learn as much as I can first! The unit looks very efficient. I'm hoping to have a blower & blade combo on a bi-directional for next season! (high hopes!)

14. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Neige, don't mean to hijack your thread or anything but I know your the blower king. Only blowers I have we walk behind them on sidewalks. Do you guys ever have problems with them clogging in wet heavy snow? I wouls also be scared sh!tless about debris and anything that might be lurking in a roadway.

15. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Neat technology for sure!

Pronovost has something similar to that, but its only a single hatch system.

PXPL1p.jpg

16. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

and only works in reverse...

That is the coolest concept ever Paul!

I'd like to see pricing on that....

17. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Great idea for a blower

18. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member