1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone see this?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by grandview, Feb 3, 2012.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

saw two in a yard the other day, they look older though. seems awesome, combines loader and spreader.
  3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Never seen one in person , but researched a while ago.Looks like a good set up if you can leave material on site. Bobcat makes one ,also Reist,eastern farm equip and many other manufacturers.
  4. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

I think it's new to Herd but I have seen other manufacturers before. Seen one (scoop and spread) to fit on the 3 point of a tractor too I believe.
  5. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

We've got something similar to that. We've had it about 4 years. The brand is Thomas (like the skidloader brand). It worked really good for us when all the particular site needed was 1 dedicated skidloader, and we could keep salt there too. The only thing that would make it better, is if the whole thing was made out of stainless.
  6. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

been around a while
  7. kagenewengland

kagenewengland Senior Member

we have had a Thomas for 9 years-never washed it and it still works. Ideal for spot treatments (more precise). We need to hold the hopper over the top of the cab to get a decent spread with wet material (treated salt) which is a little sketchy when driving a 2-speed skid steer.
  8. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

9. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i saw the first one long ago i think JRB made it ... it was being hawked by a certain "snow expert"
  10. martincare29

martincare29 Member

first i have seen of that ! looks cool bu would only work if you had on site salt and seems you would have to fill it 20 times. sweet idea for condos and big aprts that do there stuff inhouse thanks for showing that cool idea