1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone see Nova Scotia storm??????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by quincy33, Feb 21, 2004.

1. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

Any one see the 100 cm that Nova Scotia got, I think that is the equivalent to 2-3 feet of snow!!!!!

2. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

Quincy, check your PM's(private messages)

3. ClintSinger

ClintSinger Junior Member

We not only see it but have been trying to plow it for two days, very hard due to drifting from high winds. we now are getting another 6 to 8 inches on top of it tonight. and you are correct it was 3 feet.

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Are you tired yet? I know I am. Bad storm worst on record but needed the payup
    as its been a slow year. Well hang in there, we get to do it again tonight and tomorrow. :help: :)

5. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Just got in for the night. Have been out for almost 2 days straight.
    I could fill a book with all the stupid moves I've seen people do in the past 72 hrs. Where are they going? Everything's CLOSED!
    Anyway, thanks for sending the snow guys payup I'm going to bed:sleeping:

6. ClintSinger

ClintSinger Junior Member

Tired is not the word that I would use however we may be able to have all of our customers clear by tomorrow morning, we have at least two that have been stranded since thursday the grader got to within a thousand feet of one before it got stuck and the other we will try to clear a path into them if the street is not done this morning, all day yesterday from 08.00 until 4 pm we cleared a grand total of 5 driveways, with all the traffic and people out it was gridlock. I am taking the digital camera with us today and with some luck I will have some pictures tomorrow.in my driveway the snow was up to the roof of my truck.

7. badranman

badranman Senior Member

I just got my last stranded customer out today. He was going looney. Very glad to see the truck roll up. we couldn't get out of the truck for 2 minutes without having 3-4 people come up and ask to do their driveways next door etc. where the plows pushed it in. Sure I said...payup

8. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

Do you east-coasters get that much snow normally, i hear when it snows in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland, that it really dumps alot fast and deep??

9. badranman

badranman Senior Member

No, We don't usually get that much snow at once. It set the record for total snowfall as well as most snow in a 24 hr period. As far as coming down hard and fast I wouldn't say it's any different than most places on the east. At one point during this storm it was coming down at 3 inches an hour though. Pretty hard to keep up with. Most guys sat it out and dealt with the aftermath which we're still doing. Downtown was closed for 12 hours yesterday while they trucked snow out of there. It will be quite awhile before things return to normal.

10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I wish I was up there with you guys.:(