1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone running GY Wrangler Silent Armors?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by XxChevy-HDxX, Sep 27, 2010.

1. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Im changing my tires in about 2 - 3 weeks and im torn between the Good Year duratracs & the Silent armors.... I hear some people say the duratras kinda sway a lot. Is that true... And people say Silent armors are really good too & and the dnt sway but not sure if the are as aggressive the duratracs... If your running good year silent armors please write a review what you think of them. Or even if someone you know has them.

Thanks

2. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

No one can help?

3. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

My brother has silent armors on his work truck. He drives the hell out of the truck. Most of the time is on field roads in all conditions and they do great. He gets about 50000 miles out of them.

From what I have read in reviews on the Duratracs, the wandering complaints seem to be mostly on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. I think the main issue with that is air pressure being to low. A co-worker just put some on his 2500 GM. He said it wandered bad, until he put more air in. He said it pretty much went away. When the tires were put on, Sears put 32psi in. He jumped it up to 38ish and it seems to be good now.

4. SServices

SServices Senior Member

I am on my second year with my Goodyear Silent Armors. I love them, they are great in snow. When they wear out i'm going to get the same ones.

5. timberwolf3535

timberwolf3535 Junior Member

i have the silent armors on my truck and they have been wearing like iron with the plow on or off i have 265 70 17 at 220 a pc for load range e but h ave no complants except for im mud no matter how deep or light they break loose easy in mud for my tatse but great other than that

6. SServices

SServices Senior Member

x2 in the mud

7. Diesel Sniffer

Diesel Sniffer Member

I have been using them for the last 3 years on different vehicles. Great for plowing, the only minor complaint I have is that they are VERY sensitive to rotation. Keep them rotated, (I do mine twice a year-every 6,000mi.) and they will be great.

8. RealUpstate

RealUpstate Junior Member

I bought a set of Silent Armor for my 04 Dodge 2500. I only plow my own driveway and once in a while a friend's. I'm looking at my third season with them, probably won't get a fourth. I'll probably get 40,000 miles on them. I like everything about them but thought I'd get a little more life. Still, I'd buy them again. I commute a lot in the off season - don't need road noise. I put the whites out, probably not a good idea. The right side tires are now blemmed (showing white where not supposed to) by a couple curbing incidents. If I'm thinking about the right tire, they have some natural rubber in them that really helps handling but shortens life a wee bit. When new they smell neat in the garage for several months.

9. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Have you considered the Michelin LTX AT2's at all? I have been runing them for two years now on two different vehicles and they are great. They have worn excellently, they are quiet, and the performance in snow and ice is exceptional. FWIW.