1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Running A XP

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Brandon29, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Im trying to get some feed back on the snowdogg xp. Looks to be a good plow. Im going to run it on my 2005 silverado. Im also looking at the Western MVP v plows so if anyone has pros and cons for both that would be great. Also what kind of warranty does Snowdogg have?

Thanks
    Brandon

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Brandon, I didn't realize that you were only in Dixon. If you are ever down this way, give me a call and you can look over an 810, and I'll try to get Mike (snocrete) to bring his WideOut over so you can see both. In my opinion, the ability to use the wings in both straight and scooped mode is priceless; something that the XP just cannot do.

3. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

We installed a couple this season, so far every one has been happy with then. The only problems we had so far has been a leak from a loose hose (no we didn't check them with the install) and a set of broken headlights, but, the driver admitted to hitting a curb when moving at a good clip. I think your going to like it if you do large lots.

4. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Where are you located? What do you mean by the ability to use the wings in both straight and scooped mode? I thought the xp could do that? We do have a western dealer in town which would be nice for break downs.

5. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

I have some decent lots now but next year I have a pretty good sized lot lined up and my little meyers wont keep up. How does it compair to a v plow?

6. Plowfixguys

I think its better! You can move more snow per push and when you don't need the 10 foot you have 8 feet. Just remember the "wings" are fix at.......... I think its 28 deg. They don't swing in and out like the Western, they just move out to make the plow 8 to 10 feet.
    Have had a lot of Western Wide-out problems though. Not saying its a bad plow just lots of things to go wrong.

7. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

I did not know they were fixed.

Do you have any pictures of yours?

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

We're both near Peoria.

As the later posts imply, the Buyers plow wings are pitched forward and "fixed" at that angle, while the Blizzard/Western/Fisher wings will be parallel to the moldboard until extended, then will pitch forward to create the scoop.

I use the blade in every imaginable orientation, except fully retracted. I only retract the wings for transport. When plowing, the wings are always either extended straight, scooped, or some combination.

9. Plowfixguys

10. npi9181

npi9181 Member

As for the wings I have customers that had blizzards and bent the wings several times the wings on the snow dogg are much heavier remember more moving parts makes more things to go wrong a customer wit a light pole and the Dogg wing still works try that with a blizzard all my customers would not go back to any other plow after owning the XP including a hard core Boss guy don't forget it is about $1000 cheaper too

11. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Awesome info. Thanks a lot.

Any complaints about hooking up the plow?

12. Plowfixguys

No problems with hooks up that I know of other then trying to hook it up with out having it aligned correctly.

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Think of it this way as well, the DD plows don't scoop any wider that 9', or any shorter either. With the XP you have an 8' scoop to a 10' scoop.

They all have their plus and minus's. Personally I like the idea of the stainless above the rest but am still going back and forth between a V plow and an XLS/XP.

Best of luck on your choice.