1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone running a Sno-Way?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by trustyrusty, Dec 30, 2010.

1. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

I see there's not a sponsored forum on here for Sno-Way, and I have never seen one except online. Anyone have any experience with them? I looked on there website and they look nice except for the cheesy headlights, which can be changed.
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have 1 snow way plow. It is an older Lobo V plow, and I have had very few problems with it. My only complaint is that the wings are very slow compared to my Boss V. They used to have a forum here, but they had some problems, and guys were really bashing them hard. I guess hard enough that they pulled their sponsorship, and asked for the forum to be removed.
  3. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I was running a 10ft Skid plow for the first few weeks of snow. Really liked it less weight could see objects thru the plow. Was about to rave about it on the plowsite then I broke the plastic moldboard. It was a coat hanger sticking out of a road cone. I came in close seen it so barelly touched it. Anyways it was below zero and the cone was filled with concrete supporting the coat hanger for some reason. It punctured the left side with spiderwebs.The whole right side shattered into peices. I'm not sure why the right side went there wasn't a crack the led there but it all fell out. I switched to a backup 10ft been using it since. I've been told that will be the 2nd moldboard put on that plow. Liked it but maybe the plastic wont hold up in severe cold weather.
  4. shoeman68

shoeman68 Member

My friend has a plow that is 2 years old. No problems until recently. Won't go up or down. Had problems with the wireless remote too. Would stick to the old standard myself, Fisher.

I have Sno-way sander, no problems until last storm. Burning out relays. Haven't chased down that problem yet. I have had it 2 years with no problems otherwise.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Maintenance, clean all the electrical connections, make sure the upper bearing mounted under the internal plate is well lubed (part # 1 page 24 http://www.snoway.com/service/Updates/97100981H.pdf ) and that the belt is not TOO tight. A little Fluid film or grease on the lower poly bearing helps also. Normally when they eat relays it is because of to high an amperage draw due to dirty connections or binding parts.

Check out the snoway owners group if you are interested

here is the link to the archived snoway forum

6. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

I'm not really in the market since I just bought a new Hiniker, but I was curious nonetheless. The plastic moldboard problem makes sense, but they also make some real decent looking steel plows, even one with hydraulic wings. Thanks for the info guys.

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

I have always run Sno-way plows. I was one of the first people in my area to have one 15 years ago. Currently I have a 9 foot sno-way on my F 350 that is almost 8 years old and have never really had a problem with it. I have also had an 8 foot blade on a chevy 1500 and a 9 foot blade on a f 350 dump truck.(have since sold both those trucks). I just bought a used chevy with a fisher on it and I don't really care for it,-it doesn't scrap good, cant back blade worth a crap. The only thing i like about the fisher is the minute mount. I have not had any experience with the newer sno-way plows but I have heard they made some improvements.