1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone running a loader mounted snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Jan 31, 2015.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Specifically on a tractor. It would have a pto mounted pump and possibly hydraulic tank. Seems like it would be a pretty sick machine for these huge storms we seem to get alot. Also would be great for just doing drives in general if they were close enough and blowing back piles. If anyone does have one, what do you use it for specifically, and what size tractor and blower are you running? Thanks, Nick.

Something like this
    http://www.sheyennemfg.com/index.php?p=ct

2. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Its not a half bad idea, a guy around here has one. Although he seems to have a lot of downtime. Not sure if thats related to the blower or something else.

As far as those particular blowers go, they seem to be way over designed. If you are running a hydraulic blower, there is no need for a chain, let alone 2, and especially with all that in the intake area. Just asking for trouble IMO.

It seems that there would be a lot of extra cost and complexity for this type of system over that of say a skid steer setup. High flow skid steers have as much or more power as well.

3. oldmankent

Agree. I had the same initial reaction looking at those chain drives. There are others out there though that are different. That particular one I posted a link to also uses the tractor's hydraulic fluid and not its own. I wonder if there could be any issues with overheating?

4. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Loader mounted blower, works well but they are maintenance hogs. This is last spring after an Avy came down across the road, slid was about 32' high and 300' long. It's a workout clearing them. ( Atigun Pass, Dalton Hwy )

image.jpg

5. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Another shot

image.jpg

6. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

I would tend to think that there could be an overheating issue trying to push that much flow on a compact tractor resevoir/cooling package. A high flow skid steer giving those kinds of flow rates has a significant cooling package to handle the heat.

Most tractor hydraulics don't have the gpm you need as well to eliminate a system such as this.

7. oldmankent

8. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

I think I just found out who makes Kubota's snowblowers for their compact tractors. Just got one, and it looks exactly like these only painted Kubota orange, and Kubotas come from Quebec.

To give a response to your question, why not just use a skid steer blower? The problem I see is the tractor hydraulics more than the actual snowblower being used.

9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

10. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Rad tech makes all the OEM snow blowers for JD, Kubota, New Holland and many more. Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) is a term used when one company makes a part or subsystem that is used in another company's end product.

11. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Hydraulic driven snow blowers, are far less powerful then PTO driven snow blowers.

12. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

I dont know much but from what ive heard they're 3x as complecated 3x the price and less powerfull.

13. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Ok, yes I knew it was an OEM from Quebec, his photos looked almost identical to the Kubota orange painted model so I thought maybe that was their own brand.