1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone run the md75 plow last yr?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by 1fast432, Oct 10, 2009.

1. 1fast432

1fast432 Member

Anyone run the light duty md75 last yr and what kind of luck did you have? Did you use it for its intended use(residential) or did you abuse it on your commercial properties. My truck isn't rated high enough fgvwr to go with the hd or ex series,probably have to change out front springs. THANKS GUY ON THE FENCE!!!!!!!

2. dognit

dognit Junior Member

I posted this last year Nov. 08 - - - -

Took delivery of an MD75 this past November. Did the complete install myself in less than 7 hours. Buyers pushed up production of the mounts for a late model (1996) Dodge Ram by about a month and a half after a few calls from the dealership. Original time-line for these mounts was end of Dec 2008. The plow is used only at my home. Just over 1/4 mile long driveway, then around the back of the house and 1/4 mile back out and the parking area in front of 40' X 120' garage. Takes me roughly 2 hours each time I plow. The area I live in has had over 66 inches of snow so far this year. Took some pictures (will try to post later) of drifts that were 1 or 2 inches higher than the bottom of the door windows. I've put this plow through hell for a mid weight model and have not had a single issue. When the temps got below zero the down speed slowed some but that's to be expected. Even hydraulic oil doesn't' like temps that cold. I will have to keep an eye on it but that's pretty rare to bend a lift frame.
    Hey Buyers - thanks for the free hat in the bottom of the box
    Whelen Amber Vertex Hide Away LED Strobes