1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone run feniex cannons?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by orinicklawncare, Mar 3, 2014.

1. orinicklawncare

orinicklawncare Member

Im looking to strobe out my new truck, on my old one I had visor light and whelen strobes. I am going to run atomic led cab lights ( I couldn't stand the flashback from the visor) and have been hearing some good things about the cannons.
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Cannons are led, not strobe.
  3. Cannons are great have them in my 450 and love them.
  4. orinicklawncare

orinicklawncare Member

Really? I wasn't aware of that.
  5. orinicklawncare

orinicklawncare Member

Are they very bright during the day? I was going to get the Vertexs when I was doing my past truck, but they seemed to get washed out in the daylight.
  6. I have vertex in one of my chevys and they do OK. Its a 97 so the backs are bright due being a small housing the fronts are so so in the day time. Now the cannons are very bright night and day at night I have a 100 ohm resistor in line to dim them down in the front. Day time holy crap I was blown away with them the first time I turned them on. I will tell you but on sunglasses when you are setting the pattern.
  7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

they are bright, but I had 180w strobes in my last truck and they were brighter than the leds... but the cannons are much cleaner looking and nicer at night...
  8. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

The cannons are impressive for sure. I put them for reverse/strobe and they work extremely well for both jobs.
  9. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Cannons are very good light. If you want to save a bit our EHAW92 kits a bit less as it uses one flasher so easier to install. Cannons do run a bit hot but does not seem to pose any issues. Whelen Vertex are also a very good hide a way.
  10. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

I will say snm lights a very bright, just installed 2 Amber in the front lights. With these lights could you hook the steady burn wire up to running lights or reverse lights no problem?
  11. orinicklawncare

orinicklawncare Member

The cannons you can, and I think you can. If you have it on steady burn with a flash controller and a relay.
  12. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

That's because the Vertexes only have 6-LEDs. The Cannons have 12-LEDs and you will have no problem being seen day or night. Even if you run only 6 of the Cannon LEDs, it's going to be brighter than the Vertex. For the pricepoint, the Cannons cannot be beaten. Feniex will also be releasing a 3-mode Cannon in about a month or so Thumbs Up

We've sold and installed hundreds of the Cannons, and have had ZERO complaints about the brightness or anything else about the lights.
  13. orinicklawncare

orinicklawncare Member

What are the 3 mode?
  14. JBano13

JBano13 Member

Three modes basically means three triggers. For example 1 mode could be warning, mode 2 could be a steady burn for parking lights, and mode 3 could be your turn signal.
  15. JBano13

JBano13 Member

Incase anyone was wondering, the three mode cannons have started shipping out.