1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone run a plow on a c6500?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PTSolutions, Jun 10, 2012.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

going to be picking up a 2003 6500 with cat 3126 and 10' dump to use in our landscaping biz and was thinking about putting an 8611 on her. the turning radius is really nice, its got the allison 3000 auto which is nice for plowing and power windows/locks.

any idea on other plow options for this truck, i also want a vbox in the back probably a 4yd salt dogg. i dont have a salt pile, we store it in a container so i dont have the ability to empty salt out of the bed if we get an undertailgate unit as easily. so the vbox will keep her from rusting out as much.
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We have a 2001 with the 3126 and a 6 speed. It came with a 10' Boss straight blade. I added the clutch pump hydraulics and a 4.4 yard stainless Salt Dogg. We have used it for the last 3 winters and it has been a great truck. We never plow with the salter full and at times have only had 1 ton in it and it has done fine.

It is the truck in my avatar.