1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone run a 9' on an OBS?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chrisxl64, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

As my luck would have it went to get a new 8.6 X-Blade for the truck. (2000 K3500 SRW 5.7 4.10's) And they are freshout and missed the day for the next weeks order, so the soonest I could one is approx 2 weeks out. They have 8's and a 9',,,was offered the 9 for 50 bucks more.
    Don't want to put a V on it,,,just looking for a plow-side swap.
    B&B reccommended fitting a set of wings to an 8. Which I'm looking into right now....but in the meantime anyone else have any feedback? Only plow lots. The residentials I do,, are usually just flag downs on my way home.

2. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

We have ran both Speedwings and Power Plows on OBS trucks. Ours had 5.7 and 3.73. Yours will be better with the 4.10. I would also recommend the 8' with wings for lots. Will be faster than the 9' for sure.

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I run 9 footers on my trucks.

Last year my 2000 3500 6.5L 4.10 gears plowed with a 9 footer all season. I love 9 footers.

As for wings, they are handy, but they are a pain in the a$$ too. If you catch a curb with wings, plan of getting your torch and welder out. I had wings on a 8 foot plow for 1 snow event, half way threw the storm, they were thrown in the back of the truck bent to hell, by the next event, I had a 9 footer for that truck.

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

shop around I'm sure you'll find one.Call other fisher dealers and see what they have.An hours drive is worth it rather then not having a plow.