1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone replace their...

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Grn Mtn, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone replaced their rotted tranny lines in a 3 year old truck? I never had to do this on my old 1500 that was 5 years old.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

No not yet!, But I did need to replace the vac line going to the front axle for the 4+4 engage servo. It seams that where it goes by the exhaust on the frame rail it got to close and melted (worn) through.

3. danno

danno Senior Member

I replaced mine last year, only because one line was wet near the radiator connection.

4. Grn Mtn

Yeah okay but your truck is a '96, I'd expect that from a 10 year old, not a two going on three.

5. danno

danno Senior Member

Your right. Mine even looked "brand new", except for the "film" near the coupling. Didn`t look rusty.

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

did mine last year too- another 96. I wonder how much salt on the roads in your area?

7. Grn Mtn

I think the design of the Hemi puts the lines lower and less protected then on my old 318.

The dealer still has not fixed the A/C, this is the third time they have put more Freon in it without fixing anything. The excuse this time was they only needed to put 1.4 lbs and could not detect a leak in the "obvious" places, plus cold air was blowing from it so it couldn't be that bad....Okay dumb @ss, maybe its blowing cold air because its 28 degrees outside! The mechanic even left the sniffer tool in my truck, I was very tempted to sell the sucker on EBAY, I'm sure its worth couple hundred, but I didn't I went back and gave it to the service writer.

You know I love my truck, but dealerships need to learn how to cater to guys who use their truck for work. I can't keep rearranging mine and wifes schedule to drop the truck off for them to have it all day just to look at it then a week later when the parts come it do it all over again, again and again.

8. RTW5150

RTW5150 Junior Member
    from IL

The vac line for the cruise is under the battery tray on my 96, it rotted thru in about 2 or 3 yrs, still too lazy to replace it. :rolleyes: