1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Receive Payment From Town of Brookhaven

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Stan, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Most likely not from December's storm. Who knows when for January. Post a msg here and I'll pm you some information
  2. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

Hey Stan, No $$$$ yet!!!
  3. Stan

Stan Senior Member

You have mail
  4. turfbuilders

turfbuilders Junior Member

Still waiting here
  5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Cant seem to send you a PM due to your post count. If you can PM me or respond with your email.
  6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Got to laugh:

"Rouse convinced the Town Council to increase funding for Road resurfacing to 33 million dollars. He revitalized the Highway Department’s snow removal program, clearing our roads during the worst winter weather in decades. John significantly increased the number of contractors available for snow removal duty"

Sure makes him look like a super hero don't it?
  7. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Start writing anonymous letter to the editor about what you guys are going through and reference his bio. Ask the residents where their tax money went.
  8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Better yet, put some weight behind your letter and sign your name. Around here annoymous letters would not be accepted.
  9. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

x2 on that here also.Thumbs Up
  10. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Maybe we can call on behalf of our fellow plowers and request they get paid.

His number is Superintendent of Highways PHONE: (631) 451-9200

Just a thought !!!
  11. turfbuilders

turfbuilders Junior Member

This is usual and expected the town has been very good to us and I look at it this way it is money in the bank and I don't have to worry if I am going to be paid (unlike lawn customers who still owe from 2 years ago). As long as you know this going in and plan for it you will be ok. I know some guys need their money right away, then maybe working for the town isn't for you, not saying that in a bad way you need to plan accordingly. Snow especially around here can't be relied upon, so when we get snow it is a bonus for us. Couyld be worse working for nationals and never get paid.
  12. Stan

Stan Senior Member

That would work! Nothing like blowing up his phone.
  13. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Yes they have.... but payment has been getting worse every year. Last season subs did not receive payment from Feb 2010 until July 2010. Not to mention mistakes that double deducted half hour breaks. When confronted "we don't make mistakes". My property taxes are up to $10K and we are expected to pay in roughly 30 days. If you one day late you are issued a 3% penalty. The accounts payable should mimic their account receivable. Oh did I mention they added $18 to every resident for a snow bond? The last raise in rates was the 2008-09 season. Since then our workman's comp, truck registration, fuel, and cost of living has risen. Its ridiculous to pay almost $200 to register a truck for 2 years.
  14. paponte

paponte Senior Member

If it's so bad to work for them and just getting worse as your overhead continuously goes up, then why the Hell are you still working for them? I hope you at least worked half as much as you b!tch about them. :cry:
  15. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

The town HAS been good to us. That's because we work hard for them! Whats wrong with wanting to get paid in a reasonable amount of time??? Four weeks turned to six, six turned to eight, eight turned to ten and now we are at twelve. You can plan all you want, when your owed money you want it!! payup With no money left in Decembers budget, one of two things should have happened. 1.... Don't call out subs, or 2.... Get money in January to cover the storm. Don't wait until March. :nono: Well this got me five minutes closer to my check.
  16. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

Working for munincipalities is all politics anyway you look at it and you should know thatr going in that the subs are last to be paid, like the other guy said you know it going in and have to be prepared for it, just like any business cant go in without any money for your overhead, just business sense
  17. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Just like Vinny said, they have been good to us but if you read into this thread the settlements are taking longer than usual. No sense like acting as a drug store cowboy...that's why this forum is here to help and not criticize.
  18. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Almost 70 days & finally received a check yesterday. So January's check should be here by 2nd week of April or maybe July?
  19. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Just read in the baltimore sun a contractor is going to court for the blizzard last year , he claims the city owes him 7 million dollars
  20. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

as to the OP, i haven't been yet