1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone read up on these...Diesel Mid-Size Trucks???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SnowPro93, Nov 18, 2008.

1. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

2. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

Dodge said they're gonna have a diesel 1500 by 2010? 2012? I cant remember.
    Maybe if these auto manufactures would come up with more of this stuff, they wouldn't be hurting so bad.

3. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

funny looking truck but i wonder how it would do plowing.

4. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

I was reading up on FORD a few days ago and they say that they will have a 4.4L diesel in the F-150 in 2010 so only time will tell but I think a diesel in a 1/2 ton would be sweet.

5. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I think it would be cool, Id like to see it done bu Ford, but at the same time, how practical, just get a 3/4 ton.

6. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Yea but Ford had cancelled the plans due to the current state of the economy and the lack of money...Dodge and GM are still going forward.

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

very intresting

8. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

i would like to see a new jetta diesel in a Colorado with some bumped up power and stronger components

9. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

Ford is currently thinking the ecoboost twin turbo v-6 vs the v6 diesel but am sure eventually the v6 diesel will happen too

the twin turbo ecoboost will be between 330 & 450hp scheduled to go in the MKS lincoln now and in the Flex next year along with many other models including mustang and the f150

Ford will also have the new 6.2+ Cube Hurricane engines soon

10. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Hybrid 1 ton?

11. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

In last months Diesel Power they said Ford scrapped the 1/2 ton diesel.

12. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

I love my diesel, to bad the price of fuel is higher then gas.

13. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

they may be scraping lots of things in the near future.....probably put more effort into developing effecient cars to compete with toyota and honda