1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone quote this one?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PROPJCKEY, Jan 3, 2004.

1. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

Hey boys,

Anyone want to quote backdragging this one? You know what?....i'll bet Plowmaster can do this one backing out of the garage!....nevermind, problem solved!
    -Jeff-
    :eek:

oops.jpg

2. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Is that for real? What crazy a** would build a driveway like that? Who would buy? very stupid!:confused:

3. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

this is what happens when you have a serious lack of communication between your engineer and builder....yep...its real!
    :dizzy:
    -Jeff-

4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

If you build it steep enough the snow will just slide right off.

5. badranman

badranman Senior Member

I guess the owners don't intend to ever park a vehicle in those garages. Better off just sodding the whole yard.:rolleyes:

6. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

here's what happened........I have done this in the past too......the house was built BEFORE the road grade was laid out. Granted, the three I did, the top of foundation grade was set by the engineer after he laid out the roads! Good sales piont for the developer......buy this house, get two free Hummers!(no not that kind!)
    -Jeff-:drinkup:

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

What the hell?!:dizzy:

My legs are getting sore just looking at that!:eek:

LOL, we better leave plowmaster alone, everybody really reemed him a new one.

8. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

its all in good fun plowmaster......while your methods may be a tad crude....your heart is in the right spot....no prob here bro!
    -Jeff-:waving:

9. gpin

gpin Senior Member

What was the builder thinking? Sub out everything and go on a six month vacation. I have built on nasty sites, just excavate and lower the garages under the house and use a set of steps to access the house. It's not perfect but a more workable solution.

10. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Why is there such a LARGE space of "grass" between the curb and the sidewalk????

Most are 4' - 5' around my way, with my parents house having only 18" boulevards of grass between the curb and sidewalk (Makes it a real PITA to keep sidewalks clear in winter, as plows' windrows go right on top of the sidewalk!!!

By them simply moving the sidewalk towards the street for that stretch would help the approach angle some. It would give them more of a front yard as well.

Easier than moving the house!

11. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

Around my area a grade/incline like that would never get aproval.
    I dont see how you could get a car in the garage no less across the sidewalk.I dont think a vette could even pull into that driveway.Also in our area no over night street parking from nov 15th till aprill 15th because of snow removal.

So I can asume no one except a hummer owner will be parking in that garage

12. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

propjockey

How about taking another picture of the drive way with your truck in it aproaching the driveway from the looks of it I would think my silverados front bumper would almost be touching the incline

I am sure the moving guys are going to have fun

How in the world did they get the concrete to set with out sliding off the incline

13. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Looks more like a ski ramp then a driveway.

14. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

reminds me of walking from my truck to Bristol Motor Speedway.

15. fordman

fordman Senior Member

What a joke. I know I'd get hung up on that with the way my Unimount sub frame hangs down. I agree with TLS, move the sidewalk further out.:nono:

16. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I have a driveway like that 50.00 i charge its longer same incline

17. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

That's real nice:eek: What the *&%$!!:eek:

18. SatZ28

SatZ28 Member

Are those homes in the Chicago area?

19. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

they need a suv to get into the garage it would bottom out in the middle of the car:confused:

20. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Sure would keep the bottom of the car shiny.