1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone put a small backdrag edge on snowbear?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by maccrazy2, Jan 8, 2008.

1. maccrazy2

maccrazy2 Junior Member

Hello all. I was curious if anyone has tried to put a backdrag edge on a snowbear plow? I don't get a whole lot of snow where I am and don't plan on making one but, I was curious if it had been done before. I have seen posts on power angling and wings but no BD blades. Chris.

2. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

Am definitely going to look into it in the 'off season'......along with a taller cutting blade.
    I really only have a couple of places that the back drag would be nice.
    Right now fiddling with pieces of cold metal at ambient temps is not my idea of fun.
    Man I wish I had a heated garage!

3. das fisch

das fisch Junior Member
    from maine

main problem i see is that if you were to backdrag with the snowbear, all of the force would be put onto those two pins that hold it onto the mount frame. could see some deformation happening.

4. minneplowguy

minneplowguy Junior Member

All you really have to do is drill a little larger holes and put thicker pins in and it works great and no extra stress on it. Have had it that way for a few years and haven't twisted, bent or broke anything.