1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone POR-15 a rusty plow before?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by NWanner, Oct 7, 2011.

1. NWanner

NWanner Member

Just curious, I've used it before and it's ridiculous stuff. My biggest issue is being able to paint it a bright color (yellow/red/white) afterwards.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i would not waste the money on por on a plow just my opintion

3. NWanner

NWanner Member

$150 +top coat for a gallon of POR-15, $500+ for a new blade. It's solid at the bottom where it needs to be a and a little rotted at the top where I can fix it before I POR-15 it. Not sure if you have ever used it before, but it basically stops the rusting process and hardens the metal again. Sometimes you have to work within the budget you have and with the tools you got.

4. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Fix the rust, paint it whatever color...Then fluid film it and keep the salt off of it.

5. NWanner

NWanner Member

There isn't any fixing the rust on this plow, only fixing is using the POR-15 to stop further rusting and harden the metal. What do you mean by fluid film it?