1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone plowing with the Arctic

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by gd8boltman, Jan 18, 2009.

1. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

brand snow pusher? I am buying a skidsteer and am seriously considering an 8' model, just looking for some feedback of those that have used them, they look incredible, not sure of pricing yet, I am calling them tomorrow.

Thanks

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, they work great.

3. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

JD how long have you operated with an Arctic?

any issues or parts that wear regularly? What model(s) are you using?

Thanks

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 14ft ld and a 12 ft, got about 100 hrs on them and they seem to stand up well. I broke 1 rubber but the operator caught a curb and kept going so that was understandable. Nothing will scrape better then a sectional blade.

5. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

JD are you able to backdrag with them?

the lot I am considering the Arctic for will be doing has several loading docks which I will need to backdrag.

Thanks

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They backdrag very well.

7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have 3 10fts. I love them as well. I have broke quite a few rubbers, But mine are older units with out trip edges. So we have to pay attention to what we are doing with them.

They will also back drag better that most other pushers push.

I do like how easy they are to push. If a machine can lift one it will push it.

J.

8. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Man I hate when those rubbers break :jester: :D

9. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

price is $4900.00 for the 8 ft model.

10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Are you kidding?

they look very cool, but man, that's a ton of money
    You can get an plow (with hydraulics, etc) for that.

11. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I could be off. That was from the 2007 price list.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I paid 10k for a 14 ft and a 12 ft in June of 08.

13. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

Jd, or anyone else

im sure they scrape better than a rubber, or even solid steel edge

may i ask ... Do you think the cost difference between a sectional , and a solid 1 peace steel trip edge..... would pay for it self , with less salt usage? is there realyl a noticable difference if you ran them side by side. Ih seen the difference between a rubber and steel..and i think the extra cost could be justified by less snow...less salt ... what about these blades?

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

In a 8ft blade it would be debatable but as the size of the blade increases the more snow the blade will leave behind. You can tell where the Artic plows in the one mall we do because those are the first lots to be black after salting. Salt is scarce right now and we actually parked the 16 ft pusher and scraped the lot with the 12 ft Arctic just to save salt.

15. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

This is the info I got.
    Light Duty

8 ft …………….$ 4,900.00
    10 ft ……………$ 5,500.00
    12 ft ……………$ 6,200.00
    14 ft ……………$ 6,900.00

Heavy Duty

12 ft ………….$ 7,400.00
    14 ft …………. $ 8,150.00
    16 ft ………….$ 8,900.00
    19 ft ………….$ 9,650.00
    22 ft ………….$10,400.00

• Add $400.00 for an ACS coupler hook-up.
    • No out of State Sales Tax Required.
    • Freight From Frankfort, IL Not Included.

Must receive a $500.00 deposit to place an order for a snowplow. Credit card or check must be received before we build the snowplow.

16. duramax8611

duramax8611 Junior Member

what size skid loader would you need to look at running a 8-10 ft plow seriously considering puting a setup together for next winter

17. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I would much rather push with these artics that ANY plow on ANY storm. They clean 100% better. Not only that but they are faster.

I can plow a lot, get it to about a 10 to 15% snow coverage on a push (Meanin snow pack and snow skim), then treat with about 1/3 the melter. The sun will then come up and I have 0 snow on the lot. It doesn't matter if its am asphalt or concrete lot either. Its clean.

Then you go to the accounts on either side of mine, They have either been done with a plow or skid loader bucket, then treated heavily. then the sun comes up, and they look like they did when the salt truck left.

I sub out to a local landscape company, they have other contractors that plow for them. I am the only with the Artics. I am the only one that can gauntee that my lots will not only be finished but 95% snow free by the time the contracts open that day, no matter what size account they are.

I realy don't care how much the things cost, they back up what they say they will do, Period.

In fact I am planning on getting a 14ft HD and a 12ft LD for next season.

J.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Preseason orders wil be a much better price then now. Did you just get these prices?

19. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I got those prices on 12/04/08. When would be the best time to get the best price.

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I bought mine at Sima in June and to be exact I paid $10500 for both blades.