1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone plowing with a new Crew Cab?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JeffNY, Oct 1, 2009.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I just went to order one, and you can't get it in the crew cab with the snow plow package. Im guessing because the roof might crumple. I have one now and its fine.
    Only thing im worried about is the warranty. Im def getting a crew cab, and im def putting a plow on it.

Anyone else running one?

2. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

I've got an 04 GMC crew cab diesel w/plow, no issues here. The first owner put a plow on it, as did I, still no issues.

Good luck........ :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  3. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Mine is an '02 but there are a few guys in my area with shiny new crew cabs that i have seen mounts on. Are you looking to go gas or diesel?

4. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

Yeah a buddy of mine is running an '08 gmc 2500 crew cab long box with a western wideout and has had no problems

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

gas for sure. I'll switch to diesel when I don't have to plug it in when its really cold.

6. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I have a 2001 crew cab w/ the snow plow package. Not sure when they stopped offering it.

7. Feathor55

Feathor55 Junior Member

My boss drives a 09 2500HD duramax crew cab with an Xblade. Had to ad timbrens to front suspension, as plow dealer stated crew cab DIESELS were not reccomended to have a plow, due to the extreme wieght of the diesel engine, and even gas units were limited to light duty plow models.
    Also was told to remove plow if ever it came in for work at dealer, (the sales manager told him this full knowing a plow was going on it within a week).

8. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

had an 01 and now have an

09 crew cab with plow prep and full warranty.of course thats with a 6.0 gas. you cant get plow prep on a crew cab diesel

9. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I am running a plow on my NBS Chevy 2500 Duramax. Truck handles it fine. GM says the front axle is over weight with a diesel and a plow. But they figure in the weight of six passengers in the truck. I don't know about you, but I am not taking the wife and kids plowing with me at 3:00am!

10. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Yeah no problems here and NO timbrens, it sits fine. I may get timbrens in the future.:cool:

11. Feathor55

Feathor55 Junior Member

I should also mention that the truck was bought in march, we had the truck for a week, then we pulled the timbrens out for the summer, Because the ride was WAY worse than the 5500HD I drive..
    I hope putting them back on before snow is easy... or the boss may just leave em on

12. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

ok, if you got an 09 with it, thats BS I can't order the '10 with it. Im going to call GM tmr and try to get an answer, god knows no one at a dealership knows anything about it.

13. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

He has the 6.0 gas motor. Plow prep is available on a crew cab with the 6.0. Not the Dmax

14. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I said gas, not diesel.

I just sat in the dealership and looked through all the options for myself, the plow prep package is not on there.

** UPDATE **

Just called GM, snow plow prep package is ONLY available on the regular cab HALF ton. I said, so I can plow snow with a half ton, and its covered under warranty, but I can't do that with a 3/4 ton?
    response: "correct, and it doesn't make sense to me either sir."

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  15. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

WHAT!?!? That's insane!

BTW- why are you getting rid of your '07?

16. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Lease is up, and its a pile of s***

17. bosman

bosman Senior Member

I've got an 07 classic crew cab long box with the duramax and decided to buy a 7.5' snoway because everybody had me worried about the total weight on the front end. I haven't had any problems yet, the duramax is sweet to push with, are you going to get another 6.0 gasser?

18. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

What do you consider really cold? Newer diesels aren't like old ones, although I'm sure you know that much. I never once plugged in my 05 last year, coldest start was -7F and it started up just fine. It sure is nice coming out to a warm truck, but its not necessary. There's a few vids floating around of Dmaxes starting much colder........-20 etc.

That being said, I've ran MVP's on my last 3 CC Dmaxes with no problems.

19. driscolr

driscolr Junior Member
    from Vermont

snow plow prep

Hey everyone...I'm new to the site, but just so happen to be looking at crew cabs to put a plow on. The crew cab 6.0 IS available with the snow plow prep pkg (I belive it's the VYU pkg). I have looked at several trucks in my area that have it stated right on the window sticker!

20. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

driscolr - welcome to PS & good luck finding the right truck ! :waving: