1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone plowing with a landmaster body?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bgingras, Jan 26, 2005.

1. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

I'm going to be replacing my current truck come spring/summer/fall. I've been looking at the landmaster bodies(dump/utility). I was wondering if anyone here has one on there trucks and how the visibility is? I'm plowing residential with a k30 dually flat bed with sides now and the visibility looking back is limited. I'm wondering if the landmaster is any better or worse. I'm know the min. GVW is 11,000 for these bodies, so a 450+ is in order also.

2. Go Pats

Go Pats Junior Member

New truck

I plow mostly commercial, but I plow some of my good residential customer's driveways. I try to use only pickup, but sometimes I have to do them with my dump. I've found that it's actually not that bad with the new telescoping mirrors with built in convex mirrors. I could definitely not do it with my old dump, but mirrors have come a long way. I've been finding myself turning around less in my pickup now and relying more on my mirrors.

3. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

my K30 has high sides, so I'm used to not being able to see sideways through the back. I'm wondering,though, if these bodies are higher than a standard dump. From the pictures I see, they have removable sides, so that would help. I see guys using f350 club cab dumps on driveways, so I'm sure anything is possible.

I guess the main thing is are the landmasters any more or less easy to use when plowing than a standard dump bed?