1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone plowing with a 4.6l f150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by redsoxfan, Jul 23, 2008.

1. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

looking at buying an 08 150 just wondering if the 4.6 has enough power to push right now i do a couple of parking lots about50 cars per lot with an 04 350 reg cab need the smaller truck to travel but dont want to give up plowing thanks

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I got a 2wd 4.6 v8 150 which struggles to tow a 16' enclosed trailer (why i bought a diesel) I wouldn't recomment it, but plenty of people do it. I got a V6 f-150 I am installing a plow on for a customers here shortly. So we shall see how that goes.

3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

its by far not the strongest motor but it could do it. just be smart how and when you plow.. dont make huge windrows and expect to move em across a huge lot. i ran my old f-150 4.6 v8 up to 175xxx with no major probs there a good motor. my brothers 4.6 use to haul our 24 ft enclosed trailer with 4-5 sleds loaded up in it, it wasnt the fastest but it did the job well, his was a 2006..

[​IMG]