1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Plowing with a 04 CCSB 6.0?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by s. donato, Oct 8, 2011.

1. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

I just bought one after having my mechanic go over it with a fine tooth comb.

no starts the plow prep-ing. since i know they didn't make the CC with a Plow Prep Package.

i already looked at the door and saw it only has the 5200 front axle and am ready to start there by upping the springs. should i jump right to the 7000# ones?

also how can i tell if it has the proper fan clutch installed?

going to check the alternator and batteries ASAP.

I already own a western 7'6" midweight and it looks like that will go right on with out any mods but i am really wanting a snoway 29R which seems to be not recommended b/c i may overload it - again not my goal. i just know i do a lot of residential and a couple small commercial lots.

i have been "searching" for days and found the answers to alot of questions but still have some and may have more as this is my first 1 ton - that i own - i used to be a driver for others but i wasn't responsible for the truck's set up.
  2. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Hello....I have an 07..... 5200 lb springs in front upgraded to 6000lb i hang an 8.5 fisher on it no problems now. before the springs it was hitting bump stops and the truck had a big rake to it. now with the 6000lb springs, the truck rides level and only drops 3/4 inch if that with plow raised. If i remember right ford uses 2 steps up in 400lb increments for plow prep. The part number for 6000lb springs is....5C3Z5310CA....If you search that on ebay you will find them for 180 a pair. ford sells them 126.00 each..

as far as the clutch fan, im in the same boat with you.. im looking for a "donor" truck that had a prep package and taking the fan off that as the fan is over 4 bills from ford. For the time being , I used the upfitter switch to toggle the fan on when i want it on with a relay and the blue wire at the fan plug.

good luck