1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone plowing in Upstate NY? (Albany-Saratoga Springs)?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RonWin, Aug 5, 2012.

1. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Trying to figure out the average amount of times we get atleast 3" of snow or more to go out and plow. I got some people looking for yearly contracts and I know what im going to price them at per time but not sure how many times the average is for this area. Anyone from upstate ny who may be able to help me get an idea of how many plows they average into their flat rate contracts? snowfall records show 63-80 inches per season wih 26 snow days. Please help!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It snows there in Albany? With so much BS being dumped around there ,I figured the heat from it would melt the snow before it hit the ground!

3. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

pretty much was the case last year. The snow seemed to be falling north or south of us. Was a great year if u had contracts last year for sure.

4. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Why yes. Yes it was.