1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone plow yet

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by irocz600hp, Nov 16, 2003.

1. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

YUP !!!!

Syracuse NY area got anywhere from 1-3 inches
    plus..........6 inches in the hills!...............geo
  3. phil7468

phil7468 Junior Member

yep got 4" on wed. night with another 2" on thursday
  4. North Country

North Country Senior Member

This is my first post! I have been logging some serious reading time on the site but I just got around to registering...

To the subject at hand - No we have not plowed yet but it has snowed several times, I had complete ground cover the other day at my house, but it was gone by the next day.

We will be out any day now - I can feel it!
  5. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

Sure did. Never did figure out how much snow we had, 'cause it never held still long enough to measure. Plowed almost everything Friday, then went back Saturday morning to plow and rescue a seasonal resident who had driven up from Mass. without either calling me or looking at a weather report. While I was out I cleared a few drifts at some of my other accounts.

Real nasty plowing, mud underneath in many places, so it was slow, and with a little of that stuck to the blade the snow just built up in front for about five feet. Much better Saturday, as the wheel tracks at least had frozen down.

On the big grin side, first run with my brand new Cooper STT M+S tires. I usually use chains on my rear axle, but never even considered it this time. I still have to wait and see how they do when the going gets tough.
  6. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Glad to hear that people are out already :bluebounc

And welcome to the new people! :salute:
  7. 91sonomaplow

91sonomaplow Junior Member

i plowed everything i could find :) lol you know you got it bad when you are plowing freinds and neigbors... and the local mini-mart for free... just because you dont want to stop :)
  8. Nuttymopar

Nuttymopar Member
    from Vermont

Got about 6 - 8 " in the Montpelier part of Vermont. Easy plowing but like HALH VT said, muddy and slick here and there.
  9. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

Ya, we plowed last friday and I cant say I was really jumping for joy, 90% of my accounts pay by the season. I make more money when it doesnt snow except for the salt. Anyways it was time to break in my Western 8.5' MVP with pro-wings (10.5'). Our forecast looks good for the next week or two 40s to 50s.
  10. FireCo388

FireCo388 Junior Member
    from Vermont

Got 3" last week!! You wouldn't believe how excited I got with my first swipe!! It's kinda funny, at the end of the season I can't wait for Spring to come, then I'm chewing at the bit for the next 7 months for it to start snowing again!!!
  11. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Have plowed once, salted twice.