1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone plow with tires like this>?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kootoomootoo, Nov 15, 2008.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo Senior Member

Just curious if you guys plow with something this aggressive.

azaz.jpg

2. speedy

speedy Senior Member

That's 'Old School' aggressive. Might be OK in jagged stone, but definitely not a snow/ice tire. Too much rubber, not enough edges to get the traction you need on slick stuff.

3. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Ya, they are real old school. We use BFG Mud Terrains on all 3 of our plow trucks. They work excellent and are about as aggressive as you can get and still be daily drivable.
    [​IMG]

I tried Interco Super Swappers one year, in deep snow they were great, in ice of wet weather they sucked.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Those things look like they are as hard as hockey pucks. A buddy had 38.5" boggers on his truck (not a plowtruck) he had them sipped and worked awsome those things are super soft.

5. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

we used to run those same tires on our cube van...... loaded, it sits at 11,000 lbs, they worked great in all conditions.... lol

6. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

if you cut sipes in those tires they would work better imo

7. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

I had a set of 38.5 boggers too....hated them. They're good for a truck that never sees the road, or any speed above 30mph. The did work good in the muck though.

8. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

No, but look at what I have in my garage! Good old 10.00 x 20 tube type. They're for sale actually.

PIC00126.jpg

PIC00126.jpg

9. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

Ha we have those tires on our old Zam at the rink up here! The BFG Mud Terrains are good but there dont have to many plies. I use Dean Tire SXT-MT they are a 10 ply load range E tire good for heavy truck/ sander. Siped and studded they are glued to the roads. Wintercat tires off the shelf hands down for plow truck.

10. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Boy i've got some old 58 chevy belair tires in the shop if anyone wants 'em. :) :) :)

C.

11. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

to tell you the truth, those tires bite good. i have a old dodge plow truck and they grip the snow/ice excellent.
    the rest of my trucks run powerking RVT tires(6'' wide, thats what you want) and thats what everyone else here runs now. I hardly use 4x4 with them now.
    I can post a pic of them if anyone wants, just pm me.