1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone plow with mud tires?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by justin_jkj, Aug 6, 2012.

1. justin_jkj

justin_jkj Junior Member

I am running 29.5" outlaw 2's on my bike and I kinda want to keep them on for playing this winter but not if they are gonna suck when plowing. my driveway is dirt and not very big and shelterd from most big drifts [​IMG]

2. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

You will probable be ok with the light and fluffy stuff, might be hard on the tires with heavy wet snow though.

Overall I don't think you will have a problem using those tires, just make sure to use Low Range.

3. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

You will be fine with the tires. I run tip mudslides all year round on mine plowed with them for a few season on my Kawasaki prairie 360 and I love them no problems never had traction issues even with heavy snow over the blade

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I run mud lites with no problems.

5. bullseye

bullseye Member

I run a mud-lite copy (Super Grip - Super Lites)......with 1 1/4" lugs and they work GREAT for plowing !! Traction is not an issue now !!! Especially with a little weight......just have to worry about the weakest link...maybe axles now !!! I just don't like breaking stuff !! :realmad:

6. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

You'll be fine. I run my ITP 589 M/S when plowing, most of the time in 2wd. The quad is a beast with those tires on it.