1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone plow with an 89 Dodge W-250 with a conventional Meyer Mount?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jjklongisland, Nov 18, 2006.

1. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

If someone has an 89 Ram w-250 (or similiar years) with a Meyer Conventional Set Up (old style) I would greatly appreciate it you can take a measurement of the ground clreance of the mounting carton. I want to know if its worth it from changing my EZ Mount classic which I just bought, over to a conventional system to gain more clearance. I go off-road alot and really need the ground clearance and the ezmount classic only gets about 6" of clearance. It wouldnt bother me as much if the mount was positioned closer to the drive axle but it really pushed forward. Not like my olf Ramcharger which was tucked under pretty good... Thanks

2. sbt1

sbt1 Member

I would think

that the conventional mount would give less ground clearance... We used to have those old Meyer plows and damn that thing was way close to the ground. Probably less than 10-12" clearance at best.

If your current mount comes off with the plow you're probably better off with it.

3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Check with Metro Lawn.

He has all 89-91 Dodges I believe.

4. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

Got one

My 93 W-250 diesel with the old school mount gives 8.5 inches of clearance. That is more clearance than the pumpkins have.