1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Plow with a service body?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeoffD, Oct 29, 2001.

1. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Anyone plow with a truck with a service body installed? Just wondering if there are any big negatives to this type of set up?

Geoff

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

A guy around here has a 350 dually with a body on it. He even runs an ics o way in the middle area. He reports no major problems. Similiar to having a dump body. Just have to use your mirrors.

3. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

We use one, no real big negatives other than its hard to see the back corners, so very tight lots are not recommended. Ours is on a single rear 3/4 ton. Maybe the biggest negative will be if they do hit something it will not be as easy to repair.

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

some people put plow giudes on their rear corners to aid in backing. I have done this on hte end of my spreaders. Makes it easier to see the back end of the truck.

5. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Are truck will be a F 350, SWR 4X4. With a 9' blade.

Geoff

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I don't see any problem. Once the driver is used to the truck he should be able to handle it no problem.