1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone plow with a Golf Cart?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Fordistough, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I have a Yamaha G-9 gas golf cart (Golf Truck) packed too the gills with goodies and lights. I have a Craftsman all steel 42 in. garden tractor plow. Since nobody has plowed with a golf cart befor I had to fabricate my own steel frame. I made two pushplate type arms coming off of the front end that are welded into the 2" diameter pipe frame that runs around the whole truck. The pushplates have been joined at the top with thick channel iron, and are joined at the bottem with an angle iron. The plow has a steel neck that connects to the truck through a square plate bolted to two 1/2" thick steel strips. The steel strips bolt on and off to the two pushplates. The lift mechanism is manual, and is controlled by a rod that comes out to the left of the truck and is pulled back and pushed foreward. The plow does angle left and right.

My truck also sports about 65 amps of lights, a trailer hitch, a wing blade (in the making), a 4" lift kit, Bigger tires, and chains to go on the tires. My attachments are a 1/2 ton trailer from Craftsman, a 42" plow from Craftsman, and sander which I made.

I do not know how to post pictures so if anyone could give me some tips.

-Thann

2. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

That sounds awesome. I can't wait to see pictures. Where in Portland do you use it? On sidewalks? I am in the Deering High School area.

Get those pics posted!

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

LOL!!! Anything with a motor that moves can PLOW!...:drinkup:
    Now, I just need a plow mount for my Grand Daughters', Dora, Jeep, any one know where I can get one? I bet I have to Fab one up myself....:D

5. Fordistough

from USA

Can I E-Mail anyone my pictures and they post them for me. The pictures are not sized properly, and I am not a very computeristical person. Thank you.

-Thann

6. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

7. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

What Happened to the pics?

8. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

He never sent them to me to resize...

9. Fordistough

from USA

Mr. Stuffed Deere, I just sent them to you tonight, I hope they got to you?

-Thann

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

OK, im here all the time on the comp, you can send them to me at mcwlandscaping@yahoo.com if you need someone to post/resize them, just let me know!

11. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Ok Dudes...

Here they are!!! SWEET!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

13. Fordistough

from USA

Great Job, Mr. Stuffed Deere, they look great!. Thank you very much

-Thann

Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
  14. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Nice!:drinkup:

Do you offer a plow for the Dora Jeep? If you do she would like one with full hydro/electric though.

One Q? Whats going on with the trailer hitch?

15. Fordistough

from USA

What do you mean what's going on with the trailer hitch, it is an 8 ton pintle hook/ball hitch , and it is attached to my 1/2 ton Craftsman trailer. The chain is a safety chain, which I wrap around the hitch, because I haven't installed rings yet. The attachment part on the trailer was homemade by me, because it came with a stupid little pin thing, that I decided was not tough enough for me.

-Thann

16. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

It' not the pitnel hitch (nice touch thought) I guess it's the trailer tung.
    It just looks cobbled together? The angel iron and ring.
    I'm not slamming you. I kind of like it.
    I like seeing what people build. Like your set up, out of what they have laying around.:waving:

17. Fordistough

from USA

The ring is a pipe ring, that has a treaded hole on one side. In the hole I incert a bolt, that first goes through a hole in the aluminum angle iron I put one nut on the bolt before it went through the angle iron, and attached the safety chain there. The angle iron is sideways a little, because the bolt attaching it to the trailer tongue came loose, allowing it to swing. I tightened this up soon after i noticed it. Thank you, I like the pintle hook too, I can tow ball trailers, and hook trailers, which I have both. I grabed the hitch off of an old bucket truck I had sitting around.

-Thann

18. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Wow!

That has to be one of the weirdest looking things I've ever seen! Kinda cool though, how well does it push the snow?

19. Fordistough

from USA

As good as any ATV, possibly better because it is more of a truck (bigger). I have made some enhansements to the clutch, and engine.

20. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Is it 4x4? If not a ATV is way better