1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone plow iwth a GMC/chevy 4500 or 5500?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Im sure theyre tough trucks, i never see many around though? Considering all options, were gonna need another truck

Best for plowing my lots at least in order

1. 1 ton short bed ext cab F350 or similar
    2. crew cab 1 ton
    3. crew cab f550, landscape body -"long" but heavy duty
    4. another half ton

I ran all the data, and were going to swamp the f150s on their routes, they need to be maxed out in carry capacity with just salt for salting the route one time. Im fixing to place pallets of salt at specific sites in between to minimize travel/loading during the storms.

We really want a long 200" wb, crew cab f550 with a 12' landscape body for spring mulching work. I have no interest in anything short of that, so if it wasnt exactly that, id be looking for another 05-08 F350 truck.
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I am not sure but I know one member who have one and not happy due replace rear axle and it burn oil.

i am sent link to you pm.
  3. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

my buddy has a 5500 4x4 with a 9/6 fisher v and a fisher ss 10 ft spreader in the back and love it this is there 3rd year in it.
  4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Ditto to this guy, my friend loves his just bought another. Can't beat the d-max.