1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone plow any Target/Super Target(s)???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by capnsac, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capnsac

capnsac Member

I have recently been offered to help a guy plow all the targets in the Omaha, NE region. I have never used a plow, ever. It will be me and this guy plowing each one, and they are offering $3000 per push. I am assuming this will require salt/sand each push too. Now I don't know how bonkers this is to think that two guys can tackle 6 Target/Super Targets in a snow without going coo-coo-nuts :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Let me know what you guys are thinking. My cut would be $1500 per target as it stands for right now. I haven't purchased a plow yet because I have yet to sign the contract. Any and all suggestions are welcome, and what kind of plow I should get.

~~I have an 05 F-350 Crew-Cab long bed 6.0 PSD.~~

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

you wanna plow 6 targets with two trucks:dizzy:....... youll be able to handle maybe one with 2 trucks..... i think your diving into a shallow pool headfirst without any water in it....

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Personally I think 6 is perfect for your first winter plowing, maybe next year you can get a few more. Oh and for your first plow I'd look at a Snowbear.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I think the guy who is trying to drag you into this venture needs to put the crack pipe down for a little while and re-think this!!!!!

5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I used to be a manager at a Target....we were NOT willing to deal with slow contractors or a lack of trucks on the lot.

I worked at a Super Target and we had a LARGE front end loader w/ a pusher on the front that was parked in our parking lot. Usually had 1-2 3/4 ton pickups on the lot as well when the snow began to pile up.

No matter what, when the flakes started flying there was someone out at the loader getting it ready from the snow removal company. By the time we had 1" of snow on the ground the other pickup had shown up.

As far as salting, the lot was salted OFTEN to say the least, and it had to be salted by 6-6:30am as needed.

We used Arctic snow removal in Chicago, IL.

6. capnsac

capnsac Member

So I am getting mixed responses, 2 for me going insane and 1 thinking that it is a good idea. I honestly don't know an efficiency rating as far as plows go because quite frankly I have never had any experience with them. All I know is I will hire two guys to snow blow all the walks and in front of the loading docks so that we can come by and just push the snow.

7. capnsac

capnsac Member

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. I really want this to work and am truly hopeful because I have a feeling this winter is going to be HUGE. Salting/sanding always needs to be done last, and takes the least amount of time. I am worried about removal, because without a bobcat and a dump truck if the snow begins to pile up then we will be SOL. So maybe an additional truck will be necessary?

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

you thought JD was being serious....... you need to put down the crack pipe......youll be lucky to finish one within reasonable time....the 6th store will be done 4 dAYS LATER... im sure they will be thrilled with your guys work... let me know how the first storm goes... oo and i recommend a snowsport.. very versatile

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  9. Crash935

Sarcasm at its best!!!!

10. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

You do realize the one for doing this was joking right? There is no way you can plow 6 Targets with two trucks. Why not take it small and plow some drug stores first.

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

This thread and its original poster must be a big joke. MD, cross check IP's and I think we will find the jokester.

12. erkoehler

I WOULD NOT ATTEMPT THIS CONTRACT OF 6 STORES WITHOUT THE FOLLOWING:

-2 sidewalk crews of 4 persons. They will need 4 snow blowers, 2 ATV's, salt spreaders, shovels, salt, 2 trucks to move equipment, and trailers.
    -6 pickup trucks w/ minimum 8ft blades
    -2 Loader w/ minimum 10ft pusher to stack snow and upkeep two parking lot.
    -2 trucks with salters to hit these lots, could probably use 3-4 if your busy.

Also, how far apart are the stores? If they are not within 20-30 minutes winter driving time, your going to want to make sure that you have 1-2 trucks as backup.

You will loose that contract so fast if you can't have EVERY LOT cleared AND salted prior to store opening at 8am (7am during holidays). Also, to get salt down you will have to have the first lot cleared by 5:30 am latest to make it with 2 salt trucks. That would be cutting it close too!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  13. capnsac

capnsac Member

Shows my ignorance to plowing! I don't care if this is a big laugh for you all, but with the right amount of trucks and guys then this will be a huge amount of money. I am on here for one reason and that reason is to gain knowledge and not get mocked. So please save all sarcastic remarks for other threads.

In the meantime, what do you guys this it will take for this task to be accomplished?

14. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

6 loaders and probably 9 to 12 trucks depending on the size of the lots....im sure thats in your arsenal thoprsport

15. capnsac

capnsac Member

Thank you for a quality response. Like I said I want to see what it will take from people with experience. I don't want this guy to lose this contract, and I do want to make some serious money by being able to hold onto this contract as well.

Any other serious responses are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

16. Crash935

heres your answer as to what you need to get the job done.

17. erkoehler

See updated response below:

WOULD NOT ATTEMPT THIS CONTRACT OF 6 STORES WITHOUT THE FOLLOWING:

-2 sidewalk crews of 4 persons. They will need 4 snow blowers, 2 ATV's, salt spreaders, shovels, salt, 2 trucks to move equipment, and trailers.
    -6 pickup trucks w/ minimum 8ft blades
    -2 Loader w/ minimum 10ft pusher to stack snow and upkeep two parking lot.
    -2 trucks with salters to hit these lots, could probably use 3-4 if your busy.

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

First off, is that 3k/lot or 3k for all 6?

19. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

3 grand for 6 sites is a bit low too.... might want to recheck your price structure too.

20. capnsac

capnsac Member

No, it's not. But really, 6 loaders? How quickly do we need to accomplish these lots?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.