1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone own the Curtis Sno-Pro Fast Cast 550E aluminum 1/3 yard spreader?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Gus64, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Gus64

Gus64 Junior Member

Hello,

I currently have a Curtis Sno Pro Fast Cast 550 Gasoline-engine powered spreader in back of a John Deere 6-wheel Gator. We have had the engine replaced once because of corrosion and also because of the vibration while in use which has broken welds on the muffler and loosened bolts on the engine housing. I am interested to know if anyone has the electric motor version of this spreader and how it works, how much success you have had with it, etc. Also, I am waiting to hear from Curtis (and my dealer) if I can purchase just an electric motor for my current model and swap-it with the gasoline engine.

Any info any has about this is appreciated! (I'm in Radnor, Pa., by the way)

Thanks,

Gus

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

you can change from gas to electric on the 550 we have a parts list for the electric patrs and you just have to remove the clutch. Any questions call Angelo at 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.