1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone out plowing??? (12/2)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Quality SR, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I woke up to about an inch of the white stuff. It stopped then started again. They are calling for more through out the day. I saw some people plowing lots today, and kids doing drives. Anyone else get snow?
  2. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

We don't have anything plowable yet.
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

We got about an inch, then some freezing rain. Did a little salting this morning. The lake effect machine is supposed to fire up tonight though.
  4. Quality SR

Ill keep my fingures crossed for you
  5. Quality SR

Be safe tonight. Send some of that lake effect down here.
  6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Do you get alot of snow out there on Long Island?? I live right on Lake Erie, I could throw a baseball and get it in the water, lol. I will fed-ex you some lake effect:)
  7. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

We got between 2-5 depending on where you go. However, weather channel says maine is supposed to get slammed tonight, talkin around 12+.
  8. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

We just finished plowing at noon today. That was our 3rd event this season and the deepest 2.5 inches. Gotta love those easy plows.Rain for this next week, so I get a little break time.
  9. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i am prayin for the lake to kick it up like 6 in the morning or so i got a truck load of branchs and wood i gotta dump in the morning and get my grates in the bed.
  10. TwistedMetal

TwistedMetal Member

here in orange county we got just about 2"...not really plowable..but i have some accounts that needed to be done cuz the folks are elderly..gave me a chance to play with my snoway on my jeep...thing makes easy work of the smaller driveswas hoping for more so i could make money...but the practice was good.
  11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Got 2.5" here- got to use my plow for the first time on all my accounts- IT'S AWESOME! :D:nod:payup
  12. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

mkwl we only got like .5 in central jerz. good to hear somebody in jerze was plowing.
  13. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We,ve been out since 5 am, just going in to get some much needed rest now. I wish I could say it's been fun.
  14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Ended up with 4-5 wet stuff again. Started when it was 17 degrees out finished at 35-40 degrees, now rain.
  15. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

I love watching watching sparks fly the first snow event of the season and everybody is out plowing asphalt...

South shore of Long Island only got about a half inch to an inch... I didnt get called in to plow but I sure did plow my driveway with my lawn tractor... My wife caught me doing donuts in the street with my craftsman... It does some pretty cool donuts once you get her going...
  16. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

We got about 5 inches today. Finally got to use the Bobcat, after a little getting use to I liked the pusher. They're calling for lake effect tomorrow.
  17. Quality SR

I think i am further than that.lol 2yrs ago we got i think 4 storms, last year 5. I cant remember before that, probally around 5. Fed ex?? Send it via tractor trailer. lol
  18. Quality SR

Congrats. How did you make out? Any action shots????/
  19. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

And he probably had to have a cigarette after he was done with it the first time!:rolleyes:
  20. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

Dropped some salt on two commercial accounts this morning. I believe everything went below below us and around the croner to Jersey. Probably take the plow off tomorrow if nothing shows up over night.