1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone needing a cheap minibar try this one

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by trustyrusty, Dec 21, 2010.

1. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

2. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

It's not a bad bar. Problem is it's made in china and the technology was copied illegally. Buying their products promotes the reverse engineering done at the expense of the American patent holders that they violate every day. I'd rather spend a few more buck and buy American from the folks who designed it in the first place. Just my .02.

3. trustyrusty

I see your point. However, I guess not knowing the story as you tell it, I was innocent when I purchased it and I'm happy with the bar so...

4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I'm certainly not judging anyone. To each his own.

5. trustyrusty

So where can I find the American version of this bar? What brand is it and who sells it?

6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

How do you like the light bar?

7. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I believe itsca Tomar knockoff.

8. trustyrusty

I'll definitely do some checking around. I'm kind of doubting it's assembled in China. Maybe the linear lightheads or something might come from there, but I actually ordered the Falcon 30 and ResponderPSE called back and said it would drop ship from the factory and the factory was out of the TIR3 LED's that the Falcon 30 ran so it would be a week or two before they could build it and ship it. They told me if I would upgrade to the Falcon 40 they would be able to build it and ship it that day. I agreed and it was on my doorstep in four days, so I believe it had to have been assembled somewhere in the States. I'm curious now though.

9. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

10. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  11. trustyrusty

Gotcha. I'll remember that.